Bellevue General Dentistry – Root Canals, TMJ Treatment & CEREC
General dentistry includes all common, routine procedures performed by a family dentist. At Family Dental Care of Bellevue, we continue the tradition of personalized care that has long been a hallmark of general dentistry, but bring your treatment into the 21st century by incorporating the latest technologies. General dentists can hold either a DMD (doctor of dental medicine) or a DDS (doctor of dental surgery) degree, as both programs provide the same high-quality education and training requirements.
If you are searching for a general dentist in Bellevue, please call 425-643-5778 or contact us online to schedule your appointment.
Have a look at the wide range of care that falls into the category of general dentistry.
- Family Dentistry: As the name suggests, family dentists care for the entire family’s dental health, from small children to grandparents. Family Dental Care of Bellevue welcomes children to the process of dental health with our child-centered “Happy Visit,” and continues to provide high-quality, targeted care throughout each patient’s life.
- CEREC One-Appointment Crowns: In many dental offices, a broken tooth requires two visits. First, impressions are made and you are fitted with a temporary crown. The impressions are sent to an outside lab, and you return for a second appointment to have your permanent crown fitted.
In 1999, Dr. Galloway became one of the first dentists on the Eastside to offer an alternative. Using CEREC CAD/CAM technology, Family Dental Care of Bellevue can produce a beautiful structurally sound porcelain crown, onlay, or veneer right in the office and bond it onto your tooth at the same appointment. These restorations are as strong as traditional crowns, and save you a great deal of time and effort
- Root Canals: In many cases of deep decay or trauma, a root canal can save a tooth that would otherwise require extraction. In a root canal, your dentist will numb your tooth and then remove the infected pulp from its central chamber and surrounding canals. In many cases, a dental laser is used to kill bacteria and maximize the effectiveness of the root canal. After the infected pulp is gone, the canals are reshaped as needed and then sealed with a biocompatible material to prevent reinfection. Prior to the tooth restoration, a post is sometimes cemented into one of the canals and surrounded by a special rebuilding material. A crown is than placed over the entire tooth to improve it’s strength.
- Periodontal Disease: Gum disease has long been associated with increased risks for illnesses throughout the body, from heart disease to dementia. While regular brushing and flossing, along with twice a year professional cleanings, can help reduce your chances of developing periodontal disease, the reality is that most people will eventually develop some level of gum disease. Dental lasers are a real game changer in treating this common disease, as they can clean out bacteria even better than a traditional cleaning, allowing your body the opportunity to heal and regenerate tissue.
- TMJ or Joint Pain: TMJ (temporomandibular joint disease) is a serious condition that is often ignored by dental professionals. Classic warning signs including a popping or clicking noise in the jaw, sore jaw muscles, sensitive teeth and certain tooth wear patterns. Although stress can contribute to TMJ, it is rarely the primary cause. In most cases, TMJ is caused by a misalignment between the top and bottom teeth, or between the teeth and the jaw. This misalignment cause your muscles to overwork and tighten in the process creating stiffness, soreness and pain.
At Family Dental Care of Bellevue, we take TMJ very seriously. At every appointment, you will be monitored for signs of this disorder. We will review our findings with you and work together to create a customized treatment plan, which might require multiple visits. In most cases, we can realign your bite, allowing the muscles to relax naturally and vastly decreasing the amount of pain you experience. Even if you have suffered jaw pain for years, we can usually help.
Are you ready to make the first move toward improving your dental and overall health? Call Family Dental Care of Bellevue at 425-643-5778 to schedule your first appointment today. Our dentists and our entire staff are focused on providing you with the information you need to make informed choices about your oral health.