Bellevue Cosmetic Dentistry
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentistry – Smile Enhancing Dental Services
Cosmetic dentistry can be loosely defined as any dental procedure designed to improve your smile. Tooth whitening and bonding are among the cosmetic dentistry procedures most familiar to the average person, but modern cosmetic dentistry involves a vast range of options. Although the primary focus of cosmetic dentistry is appearance rather than functionality, many of the procedures also improve the quality and usefulness of your teeth. If you are searching for a cosmetic dentist in Bellevue, please call 425-643-5778 or contact us online to schedule your appointment.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures at Family Dental Care of Bellevue
- Your Smile Makeover: Your cosmetic dentistry journey begins with a full assessment of your existing smile. We carefully consider all aspects of your features including your skin tone, face shape, and even eye color. We will take photographs of your smile and other smiles that you admire, and then create a computer generated photograph of the smile we want to achieve. The next step is to make wax models of your teeth and use them to craft a 3-D representation of your new smile. This allows us to fine-tune the design and ensure that your new smile is as functional as it is good-looking. Dr. Galloway and Dr. Wilson will work closely with you throughout every step of the process to ensure that you are completely satisfied.
- Invisalign: Since 2003, Dr. Galloway and Dr. Wilson have been providing this popular clear plastic alternative to traditional braces. Their skill and expertise in treating patients with Invisalign have garnered Family Dental Care of Bellevue the trusted Premier Provider designation from Align Technologies. Invisalign uses a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners, crafted from medical-grade plastic, to gradually move your teeth into their desired final position. The aligners are removable, allowing you to eat what you want as well as to brush and floss your teeth normally. In addition, the clear plastic aligners are more comfortable to wear and vastly less noticeable than traditional braces.
- Teeth Whitening: While many in-office whitening procedures are expensive and must be repeated frequently, Dr. Galloway and Dr. Wilson prefer the home bleaching system developed by KoR. This economical system is long-lasting, gentle, and highly effective. Once you have finished the course of treatment, you need only maintain regular dental care at home along with twice-annual cleanings, to keep your teeth white and bright. To maintain the just-whitened sparkle, an inexpensive home touch-up kit, to be used once per year, is available.
- Porcelain Veneers: Strong, thin, and durable, porcelain veneers are an excellent way to quickly improve an adult’s smile. Whether your teeth are stained, worn down, or simply misshapen, porcelain veneers can make them look white and beautiful. They are typically used in more serious cases that cannot be fixed with simple teeth whitening, although your dentist might recommend doing both as part of a comprehensive treatment plan. Depending on the current positioning of your teeth, you might also need to use Invisalign to create the best possible foundation for the veneers.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants provide the most natural-looking replacements for missing or severely damaged teeth. First, a titanium implant is placed into the mouth where the tooth root used to be. You will then undergo a four- to six-month healing process while your jaw bone securely fills in around the implant. At that point, you are ready for the placement of a highly natural looking porcelain crown. The dentists work closely with oral surgeons to ensure optimum success for the titanium implant. Dental implants are available for single and multiple tooth replacements, including bridges secured by implants at both ends.
- Crowns and Bridges: The traditional approach to missing or failing teeth, crowns and bridges still play an important role in cosmetic dentistry. At one time, placing a crown meant removing all of the enamel from a tooth and replacing it with a cap placed over the remaining tooth structure. Research has shown that this reduces the tooth’s strength, however, so this is not our doctors first choice for new crowns done today. Instead, our dentists will carefully removed the damaged portion of the tooth’s enamel, retaining the healthy structure and restoring the tooth to an average of 98% of its original strength. A bridge consists of multiple crowns or replacement teeth. For a traditional bridge, the teeth at each end are carefully prepared to anchor the bridge. Newer implant technology allows the ends of the bridge to be anchored onto titanium implants, which can improve its strength and durability.
- Composite Bonding: Much more economical than porcelain veneers, composite bonding can dramatically improve your smile in just one appointment. The composite material, made of tiny pieces of glass suspended in resin, is available in a wide range of shades to match your natural tooth color. It is carefully bonded onto your existing teeth to fix imperfections and create a long-lasting, beautiful smile.
Your Award winning Bellevue Dentist
Cosmetic dentistry techniques can improve your confidence and self-esteem, as well as helping to ensure that your smile is the best it can be. Beginning with your personalized smile makeover, Family Dental Care of Bellevue uses a mix of the latest techniques and technologies to create an individualized treatment plan for you. If you are ready to take the first steps toward improving your smile, call 425-643-5778 to schedule your initial consultation today.